Garrett Insurance Agency - Main Office
212 Sidney Baker Street S
Kerrville, TX 78028

Fax: 855-928-2121

Auto and Home Insurance in Russell, Kansas

Auto and homeowners insurance are essential coverages. While homeowners’ insurance is not required in Kansas, having the right coverage can help protect you from significant out-of-pocket expenses related to home repair and recovery costs after a covered incident.

Auto insurance, however, is required in the state of Kansas. Having adequate coverage can protect you financially after an accident or other covered event.

Auto Insurance

Auto insurance is among the most common insurance policies. It generally functions as an agreement between you and your insurer in which you pay an insurance premium in exchange for financial assistance following an accident, such as a collision or vandalism. Depending on the type of claim you’re filing and your coverage, you may have to pay an out-of-pocket cost—your deductible—until your insurance kicks in to cover the remaining accident-related expenses.

A typical auto insurance policy might include the following coverages:

·        Liability insurance helps insure you against claims arising from damage or injuries you cause to others if you are at fault in a wreck. In Kansas, drivers are required to carry minimum amounts of auto liability coverage.

o   Bodily injury liability coverage helps cover their medical bills (and in some cases, death).

o   Property damage liability helps pay for damage to the other driver’s property, such as their vehicle.

·        Collision insurance helps cover damage to your vehicle after a wreck involving a collision with another object (not an animal).

·        Comprehensive insurance helps pay for non-accident mishaps, such as weather damage, vandalism or theft.

·        Personal injury protection (PIP) helps pay for your medical bills and those of your passengers, as well as provides reimbursement for expenses and lost income related to an accident-caused injury. State law in Kansas requires drivers to carry minimum amounts of PIP protection.

·        Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance helps insure against damage caused by someone else who doesn’t have adequate liability coverage. Kansas drivers must carry minimum amounts of uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.

Policies can vary in price and coverage, and cost is influenced by factors such as location and vehicle model. Learn more about your options by contacting Garrett Insurance Agency.

Home Insurance

Homeowners’ insurance functions similarly to auto insurance. In a contract with your insurer, you will receive financial assistance to aid in covering accident-related expenses in exchange for a monthly premium. Typically, depending on the claim type, you will also have to pay a deductible before your policy pays out.

While policies vary among homeowners, a typical homeowners insurance policy might include the following types of coverage:

·        Dwelling coverage helps cover repairing or rebuilding damage to the house’s structure.

·        Other structures coverage assists in covering other buildings on the property, such as a garage or gazebo.

·        Liability coverage helps cover injury or damage to others and their property if the policyholder is held responsible.

·        Contents or personal property coverage helps cover clothes, furniture, electronics and other items in the home if damaged or lost due to a covered cause.

·        Loss of use coverage assists with living expenses in a covered loss, such as paying for temporary housing after a house fire.

Having a homeowners’ insurance policy in an area like Russell, Kansas, is especially important to protect yourself against weather damage, including tornados. Contact our agency today to learn more about potential policy options, including bundling certain coverages.

Reach Out

If you live near Russell, Kansas, we can assist you. The agents at Garrett Insurance Agency are ready to help you learn more about auto and homeowners’ insurance so you can decide on the right policy for your car and your home.

Reach out to our agency today at 830-896-6600 to learn more about your options.